Thursday, July 31, 2008

Durango - Day 4



Lake Vallecito in the morning

I'm not sure I'll get back to a computer until we get to the Rice's house over the weekend, so will get a quick post together about today. Lazy morning, showers, breakfast and then a trip into town. Dave dropped me off at the library and I think I've been blogging for over an hour now! I'm going to walk into the downtown area and do some shopping while they continue fishing on the Animas River that goes around the town of Durango. Beautiful day here today - low 80's and sunny. Tomorrow is our last full day here before we pack up on Saturday morning and head to Alamosa to stay with Mary and Kevin for a couple of nights.
We've loved the cool nights, windows open and clear mountain air. Last night we stood on the balcony and were amazed at the many stars in the sky. It is so dark here and you can see stars as far as you can see. We could even see the Milky Way Galaxy. The photo you see here is one of Lake Vallecito - the lake we overlook from our balcony. Ending our trip with a week of R&R in Durango was a great idea ... we enjoyed several days of down time.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

phew... I had a blast catching up on everything!! Hope Matt's hand is ok. Thanks for all the updates. Just reading about all you've done (and will do) makes me jealous!!!